A quick introduction to cyber security: what you need to know!
Cybersecurity is defined as the practice of defending information from theft or damage. It deals with any actions taken to protect against, detect, and correct security breaches in computer systems and networks.
This introduction will discuss what cybersecurity is, why it’s important for you, and how you can get started. This session will give answers to the following questions:
- What are the threats that exist in cyberspace?
- Overview of the different types of threats to ICT services and equipment.
- Which examples have we seen in the past and what impact did they have?
- What are the trends that we see?
- What is cyber security and what is its role in the bigger picture of IT Governance?
- What is the scope of cyber security and how does it support IT governance, risk management and compliance?
- Cyber security solutions and cyber technology? Which different solutions exist for which type of vulnerable assets and environments?
Maarten Helmer is:
- Owner of Acellius
- Guest Professor at University of Hasselt (IT Governance, Risk & Compliance)
- Practice Principal of Business & IT Management Consulting at Fujitsu Belgium
- Former Global Enterprise Architect at KBC Bank & Verzekeringen
- Former Senior IT Management Solutions Architect and Management Consultant at Hewlett-Packard