Responsibilities of the Enterprise Architect
An excellent opportunity has arisen inside the Enterprise and Data Architecture team for a brilliant Enterprise Architect. This critical role sits within a team tasked with the definition of the target architecture landscape to support and implement the company strategy.
Who we are:
The mission of the Enterprise and Data Architecture team is to collaborate in pro-actively defining the enterprise future state, to support and enable the business transformation,
and to ensure alignment of the technical landscape and the portfolio of initiatives with the business vision and strategy.
As Enterprise Architect, you lead discussions between diverse groups of stakeholders across the enterprise, with the objective of defining and ensuring a consistent architecture and roadmap for the execution of the company strategy.
This includes the following accountabilities
- Gather, understand and consolidate functional and technical requirements from the business vision and strategy.
- Define the overall architecture for certain functional domains and translate it into clear architectural recommendations and guidelines.
- Define and maintain the roadmap(s) of these domains to ensure that the strategic goals of Proximus are realized through timely implementation of systems, platforms and infrastructure.
- Guide the architects’ community to help them implementing the target architecture.
- Ensure architectural governance within these domains to make sure that the portfolio of initiatives is following the architectural guidelines and roadmaps.
Profile of the Enterprise Architect
- Master degree in Telecom or IT engineering, or equivalent by experience
- 5-10 years of experience in Telecom or IT engineering or Enterprise Architecture
- Able to lead virtual teams – enterprise architects need to take the initiative to persuade, inspire, motivate and influence others to make quality decisions with a high level of stakeholder buy-in
- Collaborative – enterprise architects make sure all different stakeholders views are considered when defining recommendations
- Articulate and persuasive – enterprise architects must spend substantial time communicating and educating
- Able to negotiate – enterprise architects need to peacefully resolve conflicts with powerful decisions that benefit the enterprise, seeking win-win solutions
- Able to write architecture documents with top quality, and understandable by different audiences – business, architects community, top management
- Comfortable with top management (Directors and Exco members) – presenting without undue tension and nervousness, understanding how they think and work
- Able to deal with ambiguity & change – enterprise architects are change agents
- Energetic, enthusiast and passionate
- Stress resistant and flexible
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch and French is welcome
Offer for the Enterprise Architect
Terms of employment (English)
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees