Responsibilities of the medical advisor Belgium Oncology
Regional Medical Advisor (m/f) Oncology Belgium
To be a therapeutic area Oncology scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of leading specialists (physicians, pharmacists, hospital managers, board members of scientific societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with leading specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
- and Responsibilities (Major tasks and capabilities of the job)
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with the respective cluster organization in Medical Affairs, Commercial and Market Access
- Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our pipeline products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with other Medical functions
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to leading specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
- Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication
- Organization and participation in medical education activities: identify/support/educate speakers
- Act as a reference point for Market Access and Commercial functions for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution (in close co-operation with HQ and CROs)
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
- Manage field based medical projects
- Ensure a link between HQ, Regional Medical Dept. and KOLs
- Contribute the pre-launch and launch steps of new products providing scientific support
- Represent DS at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, etc at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
- Supports medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
- Assists with the scientific review, development, approval, execution and communication of affiliate medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
- Visit Key Accounts and Key Opinion Leaders to answer any medical/scientific questions concerning the molecule / product
- Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs’ scientific activities.
- Ability to work independently.
Profile of the medical advisor Belgium Oncology
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.), PhD in medical/biological sciences or equivalent with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment in oncology. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is oncology area is “highly” preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of MSL and or Medical Affairs and/or research and development experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of MSLs role and process.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support the business strategy.
- Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols.
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business.
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English