Responsibilities of the network and security architect
For one of our clients in Brussels we are looking for an Infrastructure Architect with a focus on Network and Network Security.
As an architect you work on the network of the future of the company. You translate the business needs regarding network & network security into functional & technical needs for ihkv projects and help determine the standards, services, roadmap and lifecycle of the services. You will work closely with the partners who make the technical architecture and detailed design and implement and support the solution.
Profile of the network and security architect
Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
Senior: > 8 years experience
Experience in making roadmaps and business cases
Experience in translating functional needs into Infrastructure needs.
Experience with Enterprise networks, network security and best practices.
Good knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, WAN, MPLS, VRF, SDN, routing & switching.
Good knowledge of endpoint security, NAC, user VPN, PKI, IPAM, …
Good knowledge of on-premise & cloud infrastructure architecture, with a strong focus on Azure.
Good knowledge of Azure networking and security best practices.
Experience with Load balancing, reverse and forward Proxies, Firewalling, IPS, APT, …. On premise and cloud (Azure
- You are customer-oriented and security-minded.
- An ever-changing environment doesn’t scare you away
- You understand both the needs of the business and of IT
- Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to understand and apply the long-term (“Big Picture”) vision
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- You have experience in working with different Service Providers.
- You have a high level of organizational sensitivity and are stress resistant.
Offer for the network and security architect
- Challenging projects in line with your interests and talents
- Personal follow-up and open communication both before and after recruitment
- Possibility of attending additional training courses
- Inspiring networking events and legendary afterwork drinks
- Strong network of leading customers
- Expertise in IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, further growth and knowledge sharing for our seniors.