Responsibilities of the Product Manager Dermatology
Our Client is a leading skin-health focused global pharmaceutical company that partners with healthcare professionals, applying Science to provide medical solutions to patients & future generations. Their efforts are focused on fighting against skin health diseases and helping people feel and look their best. They support healthcare professionals in its continuous improvement, bringing our innovative solutions where they are needed. The company, founded almost 75 years ago and with headquarters in Barcelona, is listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange (ticker: ALM). Our Client has become a key element of value creation to society according to its commitment with its major shareholders and its decision to help others, to understand their challenges and to use Science to provide them with solutions for real life. Total revenues in 2017 were 755.8 million euros. More than 1,830 employees are devoted to Science.
You have direct responsibility for the development and effective implementation of a local marketing plan for the product(s) in the country. You will be responsible to build plans for new product launches .Participates as a key member of the country team and provides input as needed to International Marketing planning on Country and BU product marketing.
- Development & Execution of local Strategic & Tactical Marketing Plans
- Contributes to the development of country marketing strategy, receiving core programs from the regional Marketing and rolling out locally, as well as developing new local programs. Acts as the link between the Regional Marketing and the in-country Franchise team.
- Develops local market plan in conjunction with Country Manager, agreeing split of promotional budget between local programs within country to achieve local market objectives.
- Tracks implementation of activities in the local market plan working with agencies and country team to ensure timely and effective execution.
- Reviews implementation of the local market plan and provides. Feedback to the regional marketing team as needed. Monitors local competitor activities and ensures local organization and regional marketing are kept up to date.
- Trains the sales force in the execution of marketing programs and use of marketing and promotional materials in compliance with local laws and the Company’s compliance requirements.
- Manages local KOL development plans, local Congresses and new indication launches to ensure alignment with local Business Plan.
- Works with Country Manager on forecast, product planning and product launches.
- Develops strategic plans for the country franchise with the BUD.
- Collaborates as part of the Other Europe (OE) Product Manager team to share and learn from best practice and experience.
Sales and Budget Objectives
- Collaborates with local team to identify and implement all effective action necessary towards achievement of agreed sales targets for country.
- Anticipates competitor strategy, makes recommendations to local BUD and develops counter-plans to support country in meeting sales targets.
- Manages promotional budget to maximum effect ensuring effective spend to deliver sales and profit targets.
Profile of the Product Manager Dermatology
- University Degree or equivalent (preferably Marketing or Science)
- Preferably experience in Dermatology
- Marketing experience
- Experience of Pharmaceutical industry
- Sales and/or Sales Management experience preferred
- Project management skills, good analytical skills
- Fluency in local language and in English-French and Dutch (written and verbal)