Responsibilities of the Protein Expression Lab Analyst
The Protein Science department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of proteins to enable assay development, HTS, pharmacological profiling and structural biology (X-ray crystallography, NMR and cryoEM). The Protein Science Team collaborates closely with internal Therapeutic Areas and functional teams and with external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, screening and protein science coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
General tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting methods using established methodology.
- Plans and conducts experiments and analyzes and interprets the results.
- Keeps accurate records of work undertaken.
- Reviews reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides documentation to help supervisor with the preparation of technical reports, manuscripts, and other documents that record data or results.
- Writes and updates protocols and reports.
Role and responsibilities:
- Perform protein expression in bacteria, yeast, baculovirus / insect cells and mammalian systems to support the purification of proteins for screening, crystallography and assay development. Tasks will include both small scale expression to screen for optimal conditions and scale up.
- Analyze small and large-scale protein expression by SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- Purify proteins using different types of chromatography (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion) on Akta equipment.
- Maintain records (electronic notebook).
Profile of the Protein Expression Lab Analyst
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree with experience in recombinant protein production.
- Experience with cultivation and transfection of mammalian suspension cell culture is required.
- Experience with protein expression analysis by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting is required.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and motivated.
- Good command of speaking and writing of country languages and English, ability to communicate effectively with investigational site staff, team members and functional manager.
Offer for the Protein Expression Lab Analyst
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees