Responsibilities of the Service Desk Engineer
We are looking for two profiles any seniority applies – as a Service Desk Engineer, you are responsible for supporting the ICT infrastructure and its applications. Your focus is on an all-round service to the end users, as well as registration, follow-up and resolution of reported problems.
Primary Tasks and responsibilities
- 1st line support in ticketing service using the internal tool. Timely solution to issues problems and/or requests from the end users. Dispatch, release the irrelevant alarms using the tool or by phone in case of overload.
- contact person for all kinds of ICT questions, and support all users through our IT Service Management System; such as installing software, problem analysis, managing requests and issues, managing hardware (laptops, mobile devices, printers), etc
- Responsibility for user management, asset management, stock management, staging and support of hardware (Laptops, mobile devices, printers, etc.), workplace management, file server management, etc
- Risk analysis and Escalation of ongoing issues in collaboration with Service Desk Expert/Lead/Manager to the 2nd line support or relevant. Documenting the actions taken and lessons learned. Contact agreated suppliers directly for assistance to solve an issue or a malfunction.
- Assistance on quality assurance & follow-up with the internal customers in case of major incidents in collaboration with Service Desk Team manager. Proving all the necessary documentation and communication making sure the risks remain limited/problem is solved.
Secondary Tasks and responsibilities
- Reporting & documentation by sourcing the internal FAQ and quick reference guide.
- Back-up & assistance: Assisting the Team Coordinator/Service Desk Manager/Expert in case of work overload helping coach and guide junior team members.
- Ongoing learning & development: take knowledge of all recent infrastructural changes and modification that could impact the internal customer’s experience.
Profile of the Service Desk Engineer
Non-Technical profile requirements
- Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction
- Client oriented
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
- Strong reporting & organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Stress resistant & very punctual
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
- Team player
Technical profile requirements
- Good knowledge of PC
- Very good knowledge of Windows OS 7 & 10
- Very good hardware (laptop, mobile phone, printer, ..) management skills (how to set up a new user, …)
- Good knowledge of Network management and patching
- Good knowledge of Active Advisory, Windows Server, Exchange, Print Management, Networks, Sharepoint, Ticketing, Stock Management
- Good knowledge of Networking & Patching
- High school. Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred.
- Dutch is mandatory
- French and/or English is a plus
Offer for the Service Desk Engineer
Terms of employment (English)
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees