Responsibilities of the System engineer Cloud
- Develop automation and orchestration capabilities which allow us to operate at scale
- Work with operations and engineering team to ensure 24×7 availability of service offerings
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes
- Optimize security of all operational systems
- Drive modern DevOps tooling and practices across the team, ensuring swift resolution of production issues and customer support tickets
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring of all systems, including creation of dashboards for internal team use
- Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with development team to deliver low latency, high performance applications
- Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems
- Provide DB management, experience with DB tuning and optimization considered a significant plus (Mongo, PostgreSQL)
- Diagnose problems observed in test/staging/production environment.
Work location : Brussels – no remote facilities.
Start date : asap
End date : 31.12.19 with possible extension
Profile of the System engineer Cloud
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- 5+ year’s relevant technical experience
- Experience designing and implementing SaaS solutions at scale.
- Holds an AWS or Azure Certification, or has proven knowledge of Azure desired.
- Working experience of DevOps in a global environment
- Ideally RHCE qualified or equivalent GNU/Linux experience or qualification
- Experience of Docker orchestration technologies. Kubernetes preferred
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
- Experience with tools for automation of large scale deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Helm, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Scripting and systems-related programming skills
- Network, OS and Application monitoring tools, such as Munin, Nagios, Zabbix
- Good knowledge of ITIL best practices.
Required languages :
- English is mandatory and other European languages are nice to have.
Soft skills :
- Team-centric mentality – comfortable working in a highly talented and dynamic team.
- Strong communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to manage multiple, varied activities
- Flexible approach to working, including on-call responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated to drive change through technology
- Ability to work well under pressure
Offer for the System engineer Cloud
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees