The introduction of an ISO 9001 quality management system typically gives an organisation more order and structure, which is usually to the benefit of the quality of its products and services.
Why should you consider a certified ISO 9001 quality management system?
On the one hand, we see that organisations are often forced or feel obliged to implement a certified ISO 9001 quality management system. More and more clients demand that their suppliers work in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard.
On the other hand, we see that increasing numbers of organisations set up a certified ISO 9001 management system on their own initiative. These organisations want to become more professional and make the quality of their products and services clear, measurable and controllable in order to distinguish themselves from other suppliers.
In any case, the introduction of the quality framework typically gives an organisation more order and structure, which is usually to the benefit of the quality of its products and services.
The eight benefits of a certified ISO 9001 quality management system
As an organisation, you can always choose to work in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard, but you can also choose to be certified by an independent party (such as a certification body). In practice, we see eight major benefits in choosing a certified ISO 9001 quality management system:
- You have objective proof that your organisation attaches great importance to quality and that you have it checked regularly by an independent party. This commitment increases confidence in your organisation.
- You achieve higher operating efficiency. Organisations that consider quality management to be an integral part of their business operations usually achieve higher operating efficiency than those that do not.
- A certified ISO 9001 quality management system increases the quality of your services and raises your staff’s awareness.
- A certified ISO 9001 quality management system ensures clear processes and (communication) structures, tasks and responsibilities throughout the entire organisation. This increases the involvement of your staff, which improves the working atmosphere and reduces the pressure of work.
- You can detect and identify problems in good time, which means that you can quickly take steps to avoid the same mistakes in the future.
- You make it clear to your staff, your partners, your clients and the outside world that customer satisfaction is at the core of your business.
- Being ISO 9001 certified, gives you a positive company image, raising you up to the level of your competitors or perhaps even a level higher.
- It is possible also in your commercial interest, seeing that more and more clients demand that their suppliers work in accordance with a certified ISO 9001 quality management system.
Our advice? Go for it!
Are you considering working in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard? Fantastic! But don’t take half measures. We recommend that you implement a certified ISO 9001 quality management system right away.
Contrary to what many organisations still think, implementing a certified ISO 9001 quality management system is much less drastic than you might imagine at first. Do you still have any questions or doubts? We would be pleased to help you!
Who is Luc Marivoet, our quality expert?
Luc Marivoet is Prevention Counselor & Quality Officer at Pauwels Consulting. He has over 25 years of experience in quality management positions. In these positions, he provided support and supervision in an international context (Europe and Asia). Luc now uses his experience to set up, implement, monitor and follow up certified ISO 9001 quality management systems and Supplier Quality Assurance activities. Luc is currently working at a Belgian engineering office specialized in rail infrastructure and technology for the implementation of an integrated management system (ISO 9001 & ISO 45001). He also teaches QHS Management Systems (ISO 9001 and ISO 45001).
Do you have a question or comment for Luc? Contact Luc here.